Twitter Card Metadata

Friday, June 22, 2018

The Southgate Seabreeze Bamboo Wall is Born!

Last week, I got very ambitious and, in spite of the heat and humidity, decided it was time to start to grow the south bamboo forest.  We had the holes dug and ready to go so it was time to either 1) buy 15 3 gallon bamboo pots, or 2) do some digging in the current Seabreeze bamboo from 2016 and pull out some nice clumps.

I've been very very anxious to do a "proof of concept" and pull out some very healthy clumps from the Seabreeze wall.  When we planted those 3 gallon Seabreeze bamboo plants, we placed them right next to each other rather than leaving 1 foot or 2 feet between them.... which means, there was PLENTY of bamboo to share.  I knew if I just picked a nice spot and began digging, I could pull out enough to populate the south gate with very little impact to the existing nice fluffy Seabreeze wall.

It took probably 6 hours total of digging, pulling, and sawing with the Makita reciprocating saw (bamboo rhizomes are a healthy bunch!)...  but I did it!  Here's the first pictures of the new Southgate Seabreeze wall.

(add pictures soon!)