Twitter Card Metadata

Friday, June 28, 2019

Food Forest Update 6-28-19

 It's about time for an update to the food forest progress.  I'd love to say that it's producing loads of fruit, but it's only been about a year so it's too soon for a huge harvest.  I'm happy to say that I have been eating fruit from the overall P2 garden, but the total 2019 fruit count is about 15 tangerines, 5 figs, 10 bananas, and 2 papayas.  And none of this is from the official "Food Forest", which I really got going only last year in the pictures below.

Part 2 of the food forest is the "main" part, with 2 mango trees, 2 avocado trees, 2 fig trees, 1 dwarf mulberry, a banana tree and lots of sweet potato plants.
Part 1 of the food forest has loquat, guava, barbados cherry, and several figs.
The newly added western wall has papayas, lots of bananas, and a few figs.
The cranberry hibiscus grows strongly in the summer... the leaves are edible and very tangy, not my first salad choice but nice if I'm ever real hungry.