Twitter Card Metadata

Sunday, July 31, 2016

DRUM ROOM WALL WITH FOAM GLUED ON
Here is the wall with the foam glued down, the TV mount screwed on and the angle brackets for the Bose speakers to mount to.

I used Auralex Foamtak spray adhesive for about half the tiles. I followed the directions to the letter and ruined the second tile I tried to install.

The can indicated I'd have a little time to place and adjust the tiles but that was not the case. I sprayed the wood wall surface in two directions and the back of the foam tiles, the adhesion is so aggressive it's very difficult to place tiles correctly. My second tile grabbed and would not let go, I tore it trying to move it.

After I ran out of FoamTak I switched to 3M #77 spray adhesive, this was much easier to work with and seemed just as effective for mounting the foam. I sprayed both the wall surface and the tile back then placed the tiles. Time will tell if it will last.