Twitter Card Metadata

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Tropical Tuesday - Update

I had one of those "aha" moments last week whilst I was perusing the internet...  Some fruits make a delicious chutney, India style.  One of those fruits that is commonly used for chutney because it's so delicious with spices is starfruit (or carambola).

I skimmed about 10 different recipes and came up with my own.  It's AMAZING.  I now put a spoonful of starfruit chutney on my salad and vegetables... so delicious.

With that addition to Tropical Tuesday, I'm going to update my current and future Tropical Tuesday lists.  If you'll recall, Tropical Tuesday is that mythical future Tuesday when I eat only what grows at P2.  I could start now, but it would be a lean day to say the least!  I'll hold out for sweet potatoes this fall before I start...

CURRENT (as of 1/26/19):

  • Okinawa spinach
  • Malabar spinach
  • Tangerines
  • Calmondin
  • Katuk
  • Cranberry hibiscus
  • Starfruit Chutney
  • Bananas
  • Papaya
FUTURE:

  • Sweet potato
  • Seminole Pumpkin
  • Fruit trees (avocado, mango, loquat, lychee, guava, strawberry guava, fig)